Today is National Kindness Day! Instead of sharing an Act of Beauty with you, may I encourage you to show kindness and love to others today? As multi-faceted people, we have many ways to show kindness to others—seek out the way that best fits the situation, person, and watch God bless that person through you!
If you’re struggling for ideas, here are a few to get you started:
- Do a despised chore for another
- Make a favorite food for dinner tonight
- Pick an item from the “honey-do list” and get it crossed off
- Give a sincere compliment
- Hold the door open for someone
- Offer to carry a heavy item to the car
- Entertain a child when the Mom is obviously overwhelmed (talk to a child in the check-out line, while sitting adjacent to them in a waiting room, etc.)
- Tell Mom what a great child they have and ensure her she’s doing a great job
- Write encouraging or positive comments on social media
- Allow someone to merge in front of you in heavy traffic
- Call someone that you haven’t seen in a while and tell them you’ve missed them!
- Offer to babysit to give a stay at home mom a chance to do some Christmas shopping
- Donate a box of canned goods to a local food bank
- Write a check to your favorite charity/ministry
- Volunteer a few hours for your favorite charity/ministry
- Tell your child’s teacher how much you appreciate them
- Take a box of cookies or other treat to your work breakroom anonymously
I’d interested to hear what you did today to show others kindness and God’s love for them. Please feel free to share in the comments.